This week, Maroon 5 were the musical guest on Saturday Night Live alongside actor Jeremy Renner. Here are links to both their musical performances and the sketch in which Adam Levine appears.
As previously mentioned, November 13 was a big day for The Voice artists. In addition to coach Christina Aguilera releasing her new album Lotus, Team Blake’s Erin Willett released the first single off her forthcoming EP on YouTube. Check it out below:
In addition, Team Christina’s Moses Stone released his mixtape Resilient, which includes a single featuring Team Christina’s Lisa Scinta. That can now be downloaded across various platforms, including Soundcloud.
Did you spot Team Adam’s Tony Lucca in the Kia commercial during Tuesday’s show? If you followed the URL in the promo, you’d have gotten to check out Tony’s new music video for his song “Like Love,” which appeared on his 2010 album Rendezvous with the Angels. If you missed it, click here to check out the vid on NBC.com.
And in other news, coach Cee Lo Green and Team Christina’s Chris Mann are two of the artists who will be performing in NBC’s Christmas at Rockefeller Center special this year. You’ll recall that Season 1 champ Javier Colon was part of the same show last year. It will air Wednesday, November 28 on NBC.
(c)2012 Brittany Frederick/Big Red Chairs. Appears at Starpulse, Examiner & Fanbolt with permission. All rights reserved. No reproduction permitted.
Happy Halloween, The Voice fans! The Shields Brothers from Team Cee Lo Season 2 would like to help you celebrate the holiday with a brand-new Halloween song. Check out the video below.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!
There’s been a lot going on for The Voice fans this weekend! Here’s all the news that couldn’t wait till Monday:
- Wednesday night, Team Adam’s Tony Lucca and Team Cee Lo’s Justin Hopkins visited San Diego on their “Chapter Two” tour. Stay tuned tomorrow and Tuesday for my exclusive interviews with the guys, but you can check out all my event photos from the show by visiting the Big Red Chairs Facebook page.
- Team Christina’s Moses Stone celebrated a birthday by releasing a new song, “Pray For Them.” It’s free for download – you can snag it here.
- Another Team Christina album, Lisa Scinta, has posted a new video. Click here to check that out, don’t forget to visit her Kickstarter if you haven’t yet, and stay tuned in the near future for my post-show interview with Lisa!
- Team Blake’s Charlie Rey has put together a Kickstarter effort to fund his post-show efforts. That link can be found here for those of you interested in helping him make some new music.
- A few Voice birthdays this week: Team Christina’s Celica Westbrook, Moses and Justin all turned one year older recently. If you haven’t already, wish them a happy birthday!
And now, for some Twitter business:
- The folks at @Fans_AdamLevine would like me to let you know they’re putting together a project for fans to thank coach Adam Levine. The deadline is this Wednesday morning (EST), October 25. You can send your notes, fan art and other submissions to them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact them via Twitter for any questions.
- Speaking of fans, writing my piece on identifying official The Voice Twitter accounts made me interested in compiling a similar list to recognize the best and most active fan Twitter accounts. If you would like to see your Twitter handle listed, or nominate a great fan account you know of, go here to read what I’m looking for. If I get at least ten (10) submissions, I’ll add them to the site.
- A reminder: if you want to reach me with any tips, questions, or concerns, I respond to fans via @bigredchairs on Twitter and I also answer my emails at email@example.com.
Team Adam’s Katrina Parker has posted a new cover of the classic “Someone To Watch Over Me.” Check it out below, and if you haven’t already, you can also find my post-The Voice interview with Katrina on the Artist Interviews page.
Courtesy of FX, we have yet another trailer for Season 2 of American Horror Story, and this one finally gives us a real glimpse of coach Adam Levine as presumably doomed newlywed Leo. Check him out in the beginning moments of this clip. (Warning: If you haven’t deduced from the title of the show, this isn’t TV for the faint of heart.)
American Horror Story: Asylum starts October 17 at 10 PM on FX.
ETA: Starting today, you can view the first five minutes of next week’s premiere at the American Horror Story Facebook page. Those first five minutes are Adam-heavy, too, as Leo and his wife arrive at the haunted Briarcliff Asylum. Click here to take a sneak peek.
I’m pretty sure Season 2′s Nathan Parrett was the best contestant on The Voice that we never got to know. He might not have gotten a lot of airtime, but he has an amazing voice. Check out this new video of him covering Fiona Apple‘s “Werewolf” with his friend Caitlin Ary.
Season 2 Team Cee Lo members Jamie Lono and Justin Hopkins sing their coach’s hit song “Crazy,” and we’re all better off for it. Watch the video below.
Reigning The Voice champion – and possibly one of the most awesome beings on the Planet Earth – Blake Shelton hosted a live UStream chat with his fans yesterday, and although he didn’t answer my question (sniff), it was a half-hour of epic proportions. He talked about The Voice, Christina Aguilera‘s cleavage, and what it would be like if he had a third testicle. It wasn’t all comedy, though: Coach Blake also shared some honest and sweet sentiments about what it means to be a coach on the show. You can watch the recorded stream below.